I don’t know where August went. It’s usually my “blah” month… one month before September, my favorite, and right when seasons begin to change. Supposedly. It’s still in the 90s here in SoCal during daytime but it does go down to around mid-60s at night. I was finally able to wear my Engeki Haikyuu jacket one time. XD
This September, I will be travelling towards the end of the month until early October. I will be bringing my Kobo Aura ONE with me for reading. But unlike other people, I barely get any reading done whenever I’m on vacation. Idk, I feel like it’s time for enjoying and I can read any time when I’m at home anyway. It’s going to be an international travel so I’m more inclined to take that all in instead of the book I’m currently reading. I will still try to get something out of the way. 🙂
But back to August. I read 16 things. I think that’s my biggest number this year. All thanks to… Ten Count manga. Yep. Oh boy, it’s so good… so steamy. It was a wrong decision to read it at work because it is every definition of Not Safe for Work. But I read it, loved it. I want it read it again. I also was in a week-long reading slump. Yeah, I was disappointed at something and it affected everything including my reading. But still, 16 things!
TOTAL BOOKS READ: 16.
- Let’s start with Ten Count by Rihito Takarai – I’ve been reading steamy romances for about a month solid and nothing – NOTHING – is hotter than this manga series. It’s about an adorable germophobe and the gorgeous therapist that helps him break out of his shell. But Aidios help me, if you decide to read this, don’t read this at work and if you can, don’t read this in public.
- Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 6 – 5/5 stars.
- Volume 4 – 3/5 stars.
- Volume 5 – 4/5 stars.
- Until it Fades by KA Tucker – I could give it 5 stars but that ending threw me off. I saw the possibility of it but when it actually happened, I had a hard time making sense of it. I understand the necessity of it, however… ah I don’t know. I loved everything else though. Catherine is a strong and very flawed character. Brett is pretty dreamy. I dare say that there was a hint of instalove from Brett’s side but at least Catherine didn’t let “love, sex, and money will solve all my problems” dictate her end of the story. 4/5 stars.
- Mister Tonight by Kendall Ryan– It was so sweet. Predictable but adorable nonetheless. 3.5/5 stars.
- The Library of Souls by Richard Denney – I’m so torn between 2 and 3 stars. The story has potential and it was really spooky. But I just could not get past the technical misses especially in the second half of the book. It’s a quick read. It’s an enjoyable book; a fun MG read. But it badly needs an editor. 2.5/5 stars.
- Evil and the Mask by Fuminori Nakamura– You can count on Japanese fiction for really messed up and gory storylines. I loved this and I’m so glad I consumed this on audio. 4/5 stars.
- Wotakoi: Love Is Hard for Otaku Volume 1 by Fujita – I loved this. I loved the anime. It didn’t only give me so much enjoyment it also gave me hope. If you’re an otaku, you need to read/watch this. Plus, Kento Itou is a precious one. 5/5 stars.
- Haikyuu by Haruichi Furudate – I’m finally done with the parts adapted to anime!
- Volume 18 – 5/5 stars.
- Volume 19 – 5/5 stars.
- Volume 20 – Suga’s sets are always so special to me. 4/5 stars.
- Love Machine by Kendall Ryan – Two Kendall Ryan books in one month. Well, her books are quite easy to read, I think I flew through them in a weekend. Preedictable. I mean, you know what’s going to happen from the blurb alone. It’s a light and fluffy read. I could do without the epilogue but hey. 3/5 stars.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu – Er… I’m not sure. This book did pull me out of a horrible reading slump. I listened to this. While I was super into it in the beginning, I began to sort of dislike it by the middle part. I’m not sure if I’ll continue on with this trilogy. If I am, not immediately. 3/5 stars.
- 3792 pages
- 10 manga, 3 audio books
I only bought 3 things! Wotakoi Volumes 1 & 2 and the Kemono Friends manga omnibus. My Brother’s Husband Volumes 2 is coming out this month as well as the 3rd Wotakoi volume. So excited!
Do you read when you’re on vacation? Do you bring a book or an e-reader with you? What are your top travel reads?