It’s back! I am excite.
So far, I’ve been doing well on my “one readathon a month” thing. I was hoping the Tome Topple announcement will come through before I decide on another on. And here we are!
The Tome Topple Readathon is created by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. The GoodReads group for this readathon can be found here. If you’re looking for recommendations, inspiration, and/or buddies to read with, go check out the group.
This readathon is hosted by:
It’s going to be from 12AM of April 13 through 11:59PM of April 26, your time zone.
I won’t be doing much explanation here. You do you. As long as you read a book that is 500 pages or more. It can be of any format as long as it comes in something that has 500 pages. You can pick an audio book that may look short (say, 10 hours) but the printed copy has 600 pages. Or maybe the hardcover has 450 but the mass market paperback has 700. That counts too.
There are challenges but I think for this year, I’m just going to pick two books and go with those. Of course I’m going to make it count… somehow.
1. Read more than one tome
2. Read the tome that’s been on your TBR the longest
3. Read a tome that’s part of a series
4. Read a tome from a genre you don’t usually read
5. Read an adult novel
6. Instagram challenges. (TBD)
What’s crazy is that these last two weeks of April is going to be hectic for me. Mostly packing and trip planning for Japan. Hopefully, I can use that time to audio book or read on my breaks.
So what am I reading? Here are the main two titles:
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata. The physical copy has 673 pages but I’ll be listening to this on audio. Mariana Zapata has some LONG books and I heard they are very slow burn. I picked this because a lot of people on GoodReads shelved this under “book boyfriend”. I can’t wait. I’m going to make this count for prompt #4 because it’s only been a couple of months since I read romance extensively. Also, prompt #5.
- The Demon Crown by James Rollins. I’m in a James Rollins kick, okay. I do own a signed hard copy of this book. However, I’ll be reading the ebook because that has 672 pages according to GoodReads. And of course, being on the go, I always have my e-reader with me. This satisfies prompt #3 and 5. If I happen to finish both within the two weeks, that takes care of #1.
In the event that I finish one early and I still have time to squeeze in another book (at least start it), I’ll probably pick up Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers. The hardcover says 498 pages but, come on… two pages more? 😉 If not that, maybe another Mariana Zapata (audio) book.
Let’s see how well I do this round. Good luck to all participants!