Do we really need it to be the “new year” in order to have resolutions? We can plan to change things about ourselves, our lives, ANYTIME!
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday , we’re listing down the Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016 (can be bookish, personal resolutions, “I resolve to finally read these 10 books, series I resolve to finish in 2015, etc.)
But it is that time of year again where everyone, including their mothers, have resolutions. Either it’s losing weight or reading more, it’s always something. I give you two weeks. *wink*
I kid. I’m guilty of that myself. 2015 was my worst reading year so far. I aim to turn that around this year. It’s only been five days and I already finished 2 books out of my goal of 25. So, I feel pretty determined. A good start to 2016 so far. How’s yours?
As you know, I have another blog. (I will never stop pimping that here lmao.) I will post my “general” resolutions there also. Probably after I compose this one. Here, it will be book- and book blogging-related resolutions. I’ll try to stretch it to 10 but really, all of them will be so similar.
tl;dr – I want to read more this year than last year. But this is a top TEN list so I’m giving you ten things.
- READ MORE. CONSISTENTLY. My problem last year was I “didn’t have time to read”. I was pre-occupied with other stuff such as rediscovering anime, K-pop, conventions, concerts, etc. Reading got pushed farther and farther back. 2015 was an eventful year and I’m sorry to say that reading wasn’t that exciting compared to my other activities. I pledge to find more time to read. Maybe before bed or be better at bringing my e-reader along with me. Which brings me to my next point…
- USE MY nook AND KINDLE EQUALLY. I have both. I use it depending on the file format of the ebook. More often, I use the nook because it’s lighter and it doubles as an all-around tablet. Well, it IS a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I only boot up my Kindle Fire HD when I get free books from Amazon. I’m more restricted using the Kindle. But really, it’s a non issue. I “side load” a lot of my ebooks anyway. Maybe finish one book and switch to the other tablet. But I also resolve to…
- READ MORE PHYSICAL BOOKS. Late last year, I sort of rediscovered the joy of holding a book in your hand. Space is the number one reason why I stopped buying books. But with a lot of thrift stores carrying $1 books, it’s so hard to say no. Are we entering a time when a book in hand is a novelty? An alien experience? I hope not. I have a huge pile of books waiting for me at home. I can’t wait to get started.
- RE-READ AT LEAST ONE OF THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS. I have the illustrated Sorcerer’s Stone ready. I have an entry in the 2016 PopSugar Reading Challenge that can be satisfied by this read. I’ve been meaning to re-read the whole series. I should wait for the illustrated versions of all HP books, yeah? On that note…
- FINISH A SERIES. Or five. I will have a separate post on this. I’ve started so many series and pretty much stalled all of them. Or got to the penultimate book and totally forgot about the last one. To my defense, 3rd books in trilogies have the worst reviews. Makes me lose interest. But I did it with Mockingjay. I might do it with Allegiant and The Death Cure. And I’ve definitely started better series than that. We’ll see.
- HAVE MORE FUN BLOGGING. It’s not my job. It’s something I do for FUN. So it should be fun. (Not saying that work shouldn’t be fun lol.) There was a point when I felt like maintaining this blog in particular was becoming a chore. I had to reevaluate: who was I satisfying with this blog? Who is the blog for? Are my contents good enough? I thought too hard and it stopped being fun. Pair that with the frustration that I build my TBR pile faster than reducing it… I just gave it up. And I did. For the whole of 2013, I quit book blogging all together. But I got back at it and am enjoying it a lot.
- POST MORE REVIEWS. Lists like this are fun to do and read but why keep a “book blog” just for memes, tags, and surveys? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.) I read a lot of things but my review count doesn’t reflect that. I should try to post a review as soon as I finish a book, when it is still fresh in my mind. Or at least keep better notes.
- READ AND COMMENT MORE ON OTHER BLOGS. That badge on my sidebar is not just for show. I love reading other people’s blogs and I try to like or comment when I can or when I have something interesting to say about it. And I love getting comments on my posts. I don’t talk books with a lot of people in my life so my internet is my only refuge.
- JUST TO WRITE MORE IN GENERAL. I’m not just talking about blog things. Everywhere. I recently started journaling again. Yes, long hand journaling. But in terms of my “writing”, I prefer to do it on the computer. I have 2 Google Docs open for Monday Couple fanfiction. I’m pretty proud of them. I just need to finish them. I haven’t finished a fanfic in YEARS. I should remedy that.
- FIX UP / ORGANIZE MY ROOM AND SHELVING. I fixed one shelf and sort of gave up on the other. That shelf has my DVDs and some other Funko for decoration. Only one level of that shelf is maintained. My K-pop shelf. I actually need to rearrange that because I recently acquired more YG stuff.
It’s going to be fun to check back from time to time. Which ones will I be successful in? Will I fail any of it? 화이팅!