My entry for last week’s TTT already featured author event photos. I should’ve checked this week’s topic. Pfft.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is the Top Ten Authors I’m Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can’t Believe I’ve Met.
I’m lucky to live in an area that has a very good independent bookstore community. Vroman’s Bookstore in Pasadena has made a lot of author events so very accessible to me. Not to mention a lot of popular conventions are held conveniently near where I live. I wish I could go to more but well, life… work… life. But still, looking at my “authors I’ve met” list looks pretty good.
My list of “authors I want to meet” is substantially shorter. I don’t really think, “Oooh, I want to meet this author”. No, I check schedules and then decide whether to go or not. I’ve missed opportunities to meet Jane Lynch, Cameron Diaz, and Lyndsay Faye. But then again, I once scheduled my day around an author meet. 😉
Here is the list of AUTHORS I WANT TO MEET:
- PIERCE BROWN. I hope and pray that he does an event at my local Vroman’s Bookstore. I remember he did one with their sister bookstore, Book Soup, but that was too far away from me. I do have Morning Star signed and I would love to have the previous two books signed as well. Not to mention my ARCs.
- ERNEST CLINE. I would love to hear him talk about Ready Player One. And have my copies of that book and Armada signed as well. Yup, my main goal is to have my stuff signed.
- NEIL GAIMAN. One day, maybe. And I do have that illustrated version of American Gods.
- JK ROWLING. I wonder which book I’ll bring to have signed.
- EVAN WRIGHT. I already have a copy of Generation Kill signed by him. But I bought that. I want him to sign the “special copy” that I have signed by the cast and one of the actual Marines from the book.
And here’s a list of AUTHORS I’VE MET (off the top of my head):
- VE Schwab – Wondercon 2016. I had my copies of Vicious and A Darker Shade of Magic signed. This is one of my favorite author panels ever.
- James Dashner – He’s so much fun! We bonded over our mutual admiration for Stephen King. He signed my copy of The Maze Runner and the movie guide.
- Marie Lu – I met her, Roshani Chokshi, S. Jae-Jones, and Leigh Bardugo at the latter’s book release. This author even was so much fun. It wasn’t just about the books, they also talked about their friendship.
- Roshani Chokshi
- S. Jae-Jones
- Diana Gabaldon – This was for the Written in my Own Heart’s Blood release. Watching her talk was awesome. I’d definitely go to one of her events again.
- Tania del Rio – Comikaze 2015. She is also an acquaintance. I can’t wait to get the 2nd book in the Warren the 13th series.
- Robin LaFevers – His Fair Assassins is one fine trilogy.
- Benjamin Busch – He signed his book and my Generation Kill book as well.
- Viggo Mortensen – Do I need to say more?
- Stephanie Garber – This event was a day after the Wintersong release. Jessica Cluess was there too. So yeah, 5 YA authors in two days.
- Jessica Cluess
- Leigh Bardugo – I was standing behind her at the signing line for Wintersong.
- Livia Blackburne – This was at the same panel was Tania. Scott Bly and Nicole Maggi were there too.
- Scott Bly
- Nicole Maggi
- Daigo Umehara – EVO 2016!
- Tablo – We were told that there would be no touching the artists. He put his chin on my head. I win.
- Charlotte Cho – She wrote The Little Book of Skincare.
- Stan Lee – I’ve met him the most out of everyone on this list.
… and I’m pretty sure there are more. Hopefully, I can add to this in the future. 😉