This week, we are talking about Books You Want to Finally Read in 2017.
Geez, where do I start?
As bookworms, we acquire more books faster than we can read them. There’s an “anticipated read” or fifteen every month. Series boxed sets become available as soon as a series finishes. Is fast reading a super power? If it is, I want it. Ever since rediscovering book blogging as well as booktube and bookstagram, recommendations have overrun my book buying life. Every title and author is new to me so it looks like 2017 is going to be one huge catch up year. Oy.
I’m also planning to read and finish one series per month next year. I own so many finished trilogies and duologies that I can dedicate one per month. And I’m not talking about starting one now then reading the sequel next month. No, if I can marathon them, I’ll do it.
But all these plans are for another post. Here are five (or more) books that I want to finally read in 2017:
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I had this on my imaginary October TBR but I never got to it. It looks like a short and engaging read so I hopefully get to this soon.
- You by Caroline Kepnes. Another one from that TBR but for some reason, it got pushed farther back… by manga. XD I know this has a sequel but since I don’t physically have that one yet, I just want to read this book once and for all. The premise is so interesting to me but for some reason, something keeps me from picking it up.
- Battle Royale by Kousun Takami. As you know by now, I own a LOT of Japanese fiction books. I’m thinking this is one of the first ones that I acquired. I’ve wanted to read this even before The Hunger Games became a thing so why is this still sitting on my shelf unread? 2017 is going to be the year, I promise.
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan. I know this is a series, a 5-book series. And yes, I own them all. But I’ll be content with just starting this one. My copy is actually signed so yay. If I like it, maybe I’ll make this my 2017 project — to finish the entire series by 2018.
- Goth by Otsuichi. I fully intended to read that this year but I chose Zoo instead. Still unclear if I regret it or not. XD But hot dang, I thought long and hard and eventually got this book full price. But then I didn’t read it right away. Strange.
Also, I would like to point out that 2017 is the 10th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Yup. How old were you when you started reading this series? 😉 I guess the reason why I always fail at Harry Potter re-reads is because I’m waiting for this. Yup, I will keep telling myself that!
I have a series TBR on my list – yes, I hand-write my list prior to composing a blog. But having explained what I want to do for next year, I would probably make a separate post about that in a sort of 2017 reading goals post. And also, maybe an End of the Year TBR? Maybe.
2016 has inspired me so much and made me realize that I can do it. I can read more than 25 books a year. I can read more than 3 books a month. I can enjoy YA as much as the next person. I still love physical books no matter how much I lust over e-readers. There are still so many days left for this month. Let’s see what else I can accomplish!