It’s only Mailbox Monday this time. 😉
I was gone for a couple of weeks and I realized I only pre-scheduled one post. I actually put a couple as Drafts because I planned to do reviews on my tablet while I was on vacation but duh… I was on VACATION so I didn’t even bother. I actually didn’t touch my tablet unless I was on the plane. I finished one book, Confessions by Kanae Minato, and started another one, Armada by Ernest Cline, all in the South Korean airspace. I’ve yet to write about my trip. You know me. Lazy. 😉
While abroad, my beloved Book Outlet sent out another $5 off coupon. It started on the 14th of June through the 17th, I believe. I was still in the Philippines when it started. I got back to Los Angeles on the 15th and was dead to the world until the 16th. With 12 hours left, this is what I ended up with.
That’s 11 books for a little over $30. More if you include shipping but eh. I didn’t go up to $50 for the Book Outlet bear. What sucks is that Book Outlet stocks up on some titles that I really want AFTER the sale. So yes, I have another haul after this and then after that, I saw more titles. Eh… I had to stop myself. I’m too excited. This is getting out of hand. LMAO.
But that’s not to say that I picked these titles up just for the sake of the sale. No, I actually have all these on my wish list. All but one, to be honest. One was an impulse buy that is influenced by Good Reads reviews.
- Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven. I have digital copies of these books but as I’ve realized lately, my heart of hearts still prefer physical books and all the space they take up.
- Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi. Another book that my brother already read that I didn’t know about. He’s never led me astray with his reading choices before so here it is.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I keep picking this up and putting it back whenever I see it at a bookstore.
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. The first book in this duology is on its way. That sparked the other purchase. I was eyeing both books when I was in the Philippines but I ended up buying another duology instead.
- Salvation of a Saint by Keigo Higashino. What can I say? I liked The Devotion of Suspect X and decided to go ahead with the rest of his works.
- Steelheart and Firefight by Brandon Sanderson. Let’s see what the Youtube praisehype is all about. I also bought the Mistborn trilogy boxed set in the next transaction making it 6 Sanderson books in my possession. My next read will be The Rithmatist.
- All the Truth That’s In Me by Julie Berry. I didn’t even realize it but this is my 2nd Julie Berry book. I also have The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place from my last huge haul. I kept seeing this under new arrivals and the cover was so intriguing. It has good reviews so I took the plunge. Last time I did that, it was a slam dunk. (Confessions by Kanae Minato. Now one of my favorite books!)
- Lock In by John Scalzi. I’ve wanted this for such a long time. I can’t wait to get to it… eventually.
- Legend: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu. I already read it. I loved it. The book was such a blast and this was definitely right up there with it. I enjoyed it a lot – probably more than I enjoyed the book!
Legend: The Graphic Novel actually was the final book to satisfy my 25-book goal for 2016! Yay! I’m done. But not really. It’s not stopping there. I’m currently reading Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith. I have the whole Escape from Furnace series, another impulse buy from the Mother’s Day sale. And I am enjoying it a lot. I’m hoping to finish it either tonight or tomorrow. Anime Expo is this weekend so I want to get all my reading out of the way.
How about you? Did you take advantage of the Book Outlet sale? ‘Til the next one!