I really could’ve used that extra hour for reading. Damn you, Spring Forward! 😄
It’s funny how I went on a make-up no-buy only to go on a book-buying spree. I’ve posted a book haul as my Monday meme for weeks… and really, I don’t post all of them. (My Instagram now looks like a #bookstagram. It’s not… it’s a #nerdstagram, more like.) I’m sure I haven’t spent as much as I would on makeup but still – I acquire books faster than I read them.
Also, I went on a book purge. Almost a total book purge. I got rid of more than 50% of books in my “collection”. Most of them I got free from giveaways or from authors for review. Sadly, I never got to them and I apologize. But they’re going to a good home; I’m shipping them over to my cousin in Manila. Hopefully, they can find my books a forever home.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday , we’re listing down the Ten Books On My Spring TBR.
Anyway, this list is not really a Spring TBR. It’s more of a general TBR. These just happen to be the books I have lined up going into Spring. I’ve been accumulating books left and right… most of them YA. So this list will look like a pre-2015 list of YA releases. I know. I’m late to the party. But not really. It’s still not my favorite genre but I’m catching up. I might change them up as months pass, depending on my mood but these are the particular titles that I am looking forward to reading this year.
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. I’m currently reading Fire. I read Graceling earlier this year and I liked it enough to continue with the journey. I especially cannot wait to get to Bitterblue. Fire is confusing me big-time so far.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I bought a paperback copy today. Although I do have this on audio book. But she’s having a signing at WonderCon next weekend and I may want my book signed.
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. I have the whole trilogy signed and I only have to read this third one to finish the trilogy.
- Sandstorm by James Rollins. The first book in the Sigma Force series. I’ve read until the 7th book (that was actually my first one lol) but not the first one. I recently hauled a bunch of James Rollins books and I can’t wait to get to them.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling. You’d think that I won’t have any room for a re-read. It’s about time I go on a Harry Potter re-read. I think that year is 2016.
- Koreatown cookbook by Deuki Hong and Matt Rodbard. I got this for free from Blogging For Books. I want to make a dish or two before reviewing it.
- Risuko by David Kudler. I’m falling off the Netgalley wagon again but before I fully get off, I’ll be reading this one.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Yes, another series. And like with every series mentioned in this list, I have all three books.
- Prodigy by Marie Lu. I loved Legend. I bought the series backwards – Champion, I found at a thrift shop for a dollar; Prodigy came as an ARC (I got it for $3.50 off Thriftbooks… you’re not supposed to sell ARCs, people); and my copy of Legend came today and it’s a library copy. Now that I have all three, I’ll definitely finish this up before the year ends.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I don’t have a copy of this yet. But I will. I want to read this book so badly.
2016 is the year of series. Starting, continuing, and ending series. And YA. I hope to keep this reading momentum up. I’m doing pretty good. 🙂