I’m stealing this off the Musings of a Bookmammal blog. Surveys are always so much fun. Feel free to link back if you did this one as well. I love reading your answers!
1. Do you have a specific place for reading? No, I can read anywhere. But I do have preferred places for reading. I like reading while on a train, especially if it’s a long trip. I can do a car ride but I tend to stare out the window. I watch TV on the plane so no reading to be done there. On my bed is fine too, as long as I can find a comfortable position.
2. Book mark or random piece of paper? Actual bookmarks, if available. I get free bookmarks from my local bookstore and I pick up discounted bookmarks if I like the design. I used to do the random piece of paper thing but it’s not the most attractive thing in the world. I’d use at least a piece of card – business card, rewards coupon… something harder than a receipt.
3. Can you just stop anywhere in a book or do you have to stop at the end of a chapter? I stop at the end of a paragraph. It doesn’t matter which part of the book or page it is, just as long as it is the end of a paragraph.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading? Not often. Drink, yes. Eat, probably candy. Especially those wonderful Sour Patch Watermelon chews.
5. Music or TV on when reading? I don’t mind it. I tend to zone out when I’m reading a very good book. Lately, I’ve been reading with my brother’s video gaming in the background. Or pick a random playlist on Spotify/Pandora and let it play out.
6. One book at a time or several? I will try out several different books until I find the perfect fit. After that, I stick to one.
7. Reading at home or elsewhere? EVERYWHERE. I don’t read a whole lot a home, to be honest. Most of my reading was done in transit. Now that my work place is literally walking distance from my house, I’m learning to find time reading while at home.
8. Read out loud or silently? Silently. It’s faster. But if I encounter a part that doesn’t make much sense, I read it aloud.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages? I don’t mind spoilers. I really don’t. There are times when I will go into a book completely blind. If I end up not liking what I’m reading, I might read ahead to check if anything in the latter pages becomes interesting; it’ll become something I look forward to. If I like the book, the suspense might be too much for me to handle and I’d read the very last page. Getting to that end will be my adventure.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? I’m very careful with my book. Even with my thick mass market paperbacks. The only sign of wear on those (assuming I got them brand new) would be a slight yellowing of pages. But the spine? Pristine.
11. Do you write in your books? If I have multiple copies of it, I might write on my oldest one. Generally, I don’t write on them but I’m not above it.
12. Who are you tagging? If you want to do it, go ahead. And please, link back. I would love to see your responses!