Hello again! 🙂 I’m back Stateside after two weeks of travel. I dropped by two countries: South Korea and the Philippines. It was roughly a 17-hour flight with a 16-hour layover in Seoul. One would think that that’s a whole lot of time to read. Eh, not really.
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
•Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
First, both my flights were red eye. Left the ground in the dark and landed in the dark. Up in the air… yes, you guessed it… in the dark. I didn’t want to be that one person that had her overhead light on. Plus, Asiana – even with their awful food – had awesome in-flight movies and music. By the flight back, I was just too tired to keep my eyes open. In short, the only reading that I was able to do was in the Philippines. And even that wasn’t much. It was too hot to do anything; it was like baking in your own sweat. It was the most uncomfortable feeling.
However, there’s something that came out really good out of it. I brought my Kindle Fire with me. My brother, the cum laude graduate, played with it and decided to… read Outlander! He got to the part where Claire’s treating Jamie’s dislocated shoulder and promised me he’ll get through it. He even acquired the rest of the books for his own Kindle! Good news, good news.
But to be fair, I did some reading. I’ve been introduced to Brianna and it’s nice to see Jamie’s sweetness again. (He’s so sweet, he’s killing me with it.) I mean, “Oh, Claire, ye do break my heart wi’ loving you.” *swooooon*
So now that I’m back on US soil, I’ll slowly catch up to all the weekly memes and probably have reviews up. And yes, I’ll get on The Fault in Our Stars soon. Everyone I met wanted me to go for it.