Mondays aren’t the only days when I have something to say but I think it’s better for me to limit my word vomit to one day per week. 😉
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I recently got Extreme Home Makeovers Seasons 1-8 and have been watching episodes back-to-back. When this show was still airing, I would often think about my “dream room”. The kids on that show have an idea of what they want because they have set interests such as sports, the environment, some cartoon character, etc. Then I would ask myself… which one of my various interests should I pick?
A quick peek at my Instagram will show you that I have more than 1 “passion”. Some people call it fandom but I tend to go a little bit overboard. To list a few, I like: Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, musical theatre, tennis, makeup, K-pop, movies… and books.
I have more books than space. So I guess it doesn’t matter what kind of room I get just as long as I have epic shelf space for my books and DVD collections. Even something as simple as this will do:
I’m actually happier to display my DVD collection than my books. I have a lot of books but only a handful of those are my favorites or a part of a completed series. But with my DVDs, I have a lot of special boxed sets and complete TV series. And I have other nicknacks to display also so it won’t be just all books.
Or maybe something like this to accommodate everything else in my life:
Yeah, I can work with this one. The other side of my room can handle all the makeup and merch goodness.
I want to see how you see your dream room!