I love reading book blogs. I applaud those who regularly and religiously post everyday – some, multiple times – and fill their corner of the Internet with book-related goodness. Reviews, surveys, musings, giveaways, interviews… you name it!
I’m not really good at posting regularly (surprise, surprise!) but I do like these weekly questions/survey type things. And I do have a lot to say lol. How about we try this on for size.
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I read a spot-on article on HuffPost today, 16 Major Advantages of Being a Book Lover. And listed as the very first one was:
1. You’re never bored. Public transportation? Grab a book. Doctor’s waiting room? Grab a book. Your friends are ignoring you because you “never come out” and “are always too busy reading”? You guessed it: Grab a book.
My only reading time during the weekdays is on my commute to and from work. It’s a good 1.5 hours on the train, relatively quite and undisturbed. I can choose whether to listen to music or not. And other passengers read as well so it’s like being in a moving reading room. It’s a bit noisier on the commute home but I still get a good hour of reading done.
With that said, I can only read in transit when I’m on a train or bus. I cannot read on a plane or a car. I tried. I was determined to get through Dracula on a 14-hour plane ride but I forgot all about it before I even got halfway through. In-flight entertainment and sleeping won over reading.
I’ve gone through so many books just by reading in transit. Either I read quite fast or I’ve gained serious mileage over these past months!